Monday, 12 August 2013

...worn out but happy!

Just got back from Festival of Quilts...

...completely worn out...

...but very, very happy!

I managed to meet up with many old friends...

...like Jackie, who I've known online for ages but never met "in the flesh"...

...and make some new ones too. :-)

Here are a delightful couple from "Patch Addict" in Lorient (Britanny)

...who sell the most delicious batiks!







At the beginning of the show SHE was wearing the apron...

...and HE was wearing the shirt.

I made a suggestion....

...and when I passed their stand on the way to my workshop on Sunday.....

...garments were reversed!!

He wasn't a bit phased either...bless 'im :-)))

As usual, there were some beautiful quilts, and plenty of eye candy in the shopping area...

...although I DO believe that stand numbers are diminishing.

Lots of folk going by but not spending money is causing stand holders to re-think whether they book again it seems.

Hmmmmmm.....................


Anyways, the van has been emptied but will be re-filled in the morning.

More workshops beckon.....

I'll try to keep up with blog posts, but they may be a tad sporadic for a while.

x C

3 comments:

jackie said...

Lovely to meet you, and to hear about your hectic schedule.To me there seemed to be an amazing number of stalls, but you have a point as for the first time ever I didn't buy anything,that could be because my tiny studio is bursting at the seams.

Chris Gray said...

The size of the stash is the usual reason for not buying it seems....I hear so many women say that they have so much already that they cannot justify taking anything more home with them.

Since I re-organised my own workroom over the Christmas holiday, I too have held back on "impulse purchases" because of having far too much already and also because financial considerations. If I sell less.....I have less to spend.

I did buy things at the show, but they were VERY carefully chosen for a VERY special project coming up early next year!! ;-)

I just hope this doesn't become too much of a trend......

Jane said...

love all your work, always something interesting to read here and always something beautiful to see.