Monday, 8 April 2013

...indulgences....

As always...

...whenever I get across to ARTIQUE...

...I indulge my passion for tribal textiles.

Not a huge blanket this time ...

...rather some delicious small pieces...

...little gems every one of them!

First up .... a couple of Banjara stitched bracelets.




...with lots of bobbly tassels on them....




This one is looking very much like a snake...




...with it's lozenge patterns in red, yellow, green and white.




A gorgeous little stitched amulet (only 4 inches across)...




...with lovely dangly corner thingys.



But the most beautiful is this Turkomen child's hat.

Just look at the stitching and embellishment on it!!




Cowries and King George V  coins ...




Exquisite stitching...




...with long dangles....




...and topped-off with a beaded diamond.




Take a look at the inside to get an idea of the density of stitching on this piece. :-o




(I'm STILL looking for a little bit of SOMETHING from Kohistan though....

......just have to keep my fingers crossed I guess!)

4 comments:

Penny said...

What treasures!! You are so lucky to be able to look at these, touch them and love them. Wonderful!!

ViDerTextil said...

lucky you! and it's good for me that I'm not living nearby such a treasure shop, because I would spent toooo much time and money :-)
enjoy your findings!

Chris Gray said...

You'll see them all in September :-))

Penny Berens said...

Oh, Chris....what a treasure trove! I particularly love amulets but only get to look at them in books.