Sunday, 19 February 2012

Renovation - une nouvelle toiture pour "Le Bignon de Pulan"

Voila!!

Renovation complete....

..and (in my opinion) looking MUCH better than before :-)




It's amazing what a difference a little bit of time and effort can make....

...half an hour on the sewing machine provided a pretty new roof...

...and "Le Bignon de Pulan" is fit for habitation!

I've decided to give all my little houses some genuine French names, seeing as they are mostly based on French houses anyway......

...and I've even made a little "Deed of Ownership" to go with each of them! :-)

8 comments:

Penny said...

LOVELY!! You were right on by going back to it and 'fixing' it. I love the idea of the French names and the deed of title is a wonderful idea! A very sweet little house.

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Penny!

(...hope postie comes to you soon.....)

ViDerTextil said...

it is indeed much better and I'm looking forward to your tour de france of houses :-)

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Viviane! ..I'll be working on them for the Festival of Quilts, so hopefully you'll see them all together then! :-)

Eva said...

Well done. This is much better. The black tiles remind me of the slate roofs we have in many regions, where whole houses may be covered with slate tiles.
http://stadt.cityreview.de/nordrhein-westfalen/wipperfuerth/bilder/i6s843

Chris Gray said...

Thanks Eva! I've seen those houses you talk about....

...maybe a future project :-)

Rachel said...

Great news - so glad the renovation was successful!

Penny Berens said...

Brilliant!