Tuesday 10 January 2012

Tea & Leaf Tuesday ....Jan 10th 2012

Here's the first "proper" Tea & Leaf Tuesday posting....

.....but which bit do I show first?

The tea, I suppose....because it comes first in the title...

So, this Tuesday, I'm sipping "Winter Spiced" (teabags) from Marks & Spencer...

...quite generous with the cardamom and citrus...

..but not very interesting to look at.

Luckily, Nance, my friend and singing collaborator has generously loaned me some treasures out of her display cupboard. Precious presents from her Mother, Doll, who buys her these beautiful things, then tells her to "sell them" because they're worth something!

She DOESN'T sell them of course...they're too gorgeous...

...and then I can borrow them to show you my tea in this "Brambly Hedge - Winter" cup and saucer :-)




Just look at the lovely little mouse on the back of the cup!



Isn't he soooooo sweet :-)))

I swear that the Winter Spiced tea tastes even better in this Winter cup...

(although there's no sign of anything remotely "wintery" going on outside at the minute)


Alongside the tea, I have my leaf...

...and on it, is something that is carrying on from the last posting (sort of).

I'm thinking about symbols....especially sun symbols....

...here's my own "sun symbol" ... painted on a flat pebble.




I've used a red ochre colour paint, because it's the colour found on many ancient artifacts.

I like that.

A continuation...