Friday, 16 September 2011

In a mosaic mood...

In between doing things that I can't post about....

...I've been playing around with little bits.....literally!



Tiny squares of heavy Aquarelle paper...

...painted with lovely metallic paints from CraftyNotions and Cosmic Shimmer Misters from Ario.









I've also cut some squares out of some "Butterfly SoftSpun" that was also painted with these same paints.




The intention is to put them onto a background fabric that has been covered with painted Bondaweb (same paints again!)...








I'll be at the stitching over the weekend.....

2 comments:

Shoshi said...

This looks gorgeous, Chris! And well done photographing it all so that the shimmer really shows up - that's so hard to do. Can't wait to see the mosaics made up. Haven't had time to try the Butterfly SoftSpun yet as I'm working on some projects for a deadline. Loving what you are doing!!!

Chris Gray said...

I'll be showing a piece next week!

...and I'll be interested to see what you do when you get around to it :-)