Monday, 22 August 2011

Making skeins while the sun shines...

It's actually warm and sunny here...

...for a change!!!

Lately it's impossible to guarantee, or even HOPE for summer weather in Wales :-(

But, today there will be no complaints.

Skeins were wound...

...put to swim in the dye-pot...

...rinsed and spun....

...and put outside to blow and dry.


It makes my heart glad to see them :-))






These are destined to be included in various kits...

...punchneedle and hand stitching....

8 comments:

Talking Horses Arts said...

Oooooh, love those colors!!!!!
Andrea.

Angie Willis said...

The colours are so soft and beautiful with the sun shining through them. I'm so glad you have a day of sunshine. I love Wales but I do know it rains a lot - probably why it's so beautiful!

Chris Gray said...

It's always the colour that does it for me...

....and boy does it know how to rain here!!

Anne B said...

I love dyeing - it cheers me up. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comments.

stitchinglife.com said...

Always good to make the most of the sunshine :-) What glorious colours.

Chris Gray said...

Altogether...I skeined up over a kilo for this lot of dyeing....and can't wait to work with the delicious colours.


I'm thinking oriental rug motifs.....

....and some African inspired ones....


....and maybe some Afghan too..... :-)

Penny said...

These colors say 'summer' to me -- or perhaps even late spring with their delicate rosy colors. They are lovely!! Happy sunshine!

Shoshi said...

Oooh what gorgeous, gorgeous colours, Chris! Reminds me of when I used to spin and dye wool and hang it out... I simply MUST get back to doing that! I love the softness of hand-dyed stuff. Beautiful photos!!

It sure knows how to rain here in Devon, too!