Tuesday, 28 June 2011

...working like stink!....

I really haven't got back into the blogging-habit since returning from holiday!

....but then, after almost 5 weeks of no computer activity, my little brain needs a bit of time to adjust again.

I've also been working like stink on stock for the Festival of Quilts....

...AND.....

...thinking about how much MORE stock I'm going to have to get done...

...not just for FOQ in August...

...but ALSO The Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate in November!

Yup.....stand TG122 is me ....right opposite Beryl Dean's huge central area!

Back to the present though...

I've got some new PP/PET fabric that I've been playing with...



It takes acrylic paint really well, and can be distressed with heat too...

...I feel a hefty dose of experimental playtime coming on with this :-)

(It'll be on sale at FOQ and Harrogate - and in my shop which will open late August)

Here are some of the piles of dyed tissue that have been processed since my last posting...





They are now packed, labeled and boxed.

I'll be making some samples with this tissue over the next week or so....

...maybe inspired by some recent sketchbook pages based on Moorish lustre-ware...





..or something Moroccan....

...not decided yet.....

...I'll go with the flow when the time comes...

I've also got a new toy to play with...

...thanks to Penny.....

...and it works beautifully with my fine cotton threads....



I'll try to post a bit more often from now on.......promise......:-o

13 comments:

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Wonderful work! I love the "sketches"! Best... Gloria

Lynda Howells said...

glad you are back..missed you. Hope you had an amzing holiday and where are the images then? Ha
All your "stuff" looks great. don't work too hard and burn yourself outx lynda
http://tryingtocreatearteveryday.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

I love that! Working like stink. It reminds me of one I read a few years ago called 'crafting like a b*****d'!
I know the feeling too. Might see you at the FOQ. Look out for a tubby little fair haired person on Thursday..thats me.

Rachel said...

Well, I shall probably see you in Harrogate, then!

You've certainly been working hard!

Eva said...

Hey, this is kind of surprising -- you seem to have got some new inspiration. Great! Wish you lots of success for your markets!

stitchinglife2 said...

Excellent! Hope to see you at Harrogate in November :-)

Chris Gray said...

Thanks to you all for your comments :-)

Although it's hard going, I know it'll be worth it....and I'm really very excited about both events.

...but I DO need more than 24 hours in a day right now :-o

I'm still trying to work in my sketchbooks, and get some stitching done....but time's a bit short...

Lynda Howells said...

sorry...l had seen the images but had been looking at another blog and think l got you muddled up...thanks for the emailx

Penny said...

Oh boy -- you are one busy lady. Lovely that I could contribute to your 'play' list and you know I'll be waiting breathlessly to see what your punching fingers come up with. - Penny

Chris Gray said...

I'm thankful to you, Penny...

...been playing with the toy, and very pleased with the results thus far :-)

threadmedley said...

Beautiful work!! Can't wait to see if you do more of the Moroccan motifs. You're a busy girl!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

hello hun! I'm going to FOQ on Thursday 11 August ... so shall look out for your stand and will give your stall another mention soon. Look out for me :o)

underatopazsky said...

The sketchbook pages are lovely and I really like the elements that you've included in your new 'playing' piece.