Thursday, 27 January 2011

...a few things finished...

Way back in 2010...

...you'll remember I was stitching "Chemanthy" onto some hand-dyed fabrics...

...well...

...one set has now been stitched into a small bag AT LAST :-)))



I put some orange tassels in the bottom corners, and added a long indian braid shoulder strap.



Here's another piccie of the front...



...and another of the back.

The finished size is 19cm x 11cm (excluding the tassels!).
The shoulder strap is 120cm long.
The bag is lined with natural Irish linen.

More of my little houses have also been completed...



..all with added hand embroidery, using my new hand-dyed 2/28s cotton thread.




It's been a hectic few days again....

...I'm now going to sit down and enjoy a cup of green tea....

..and maybe tomorrow....I can get the pictures uploaded into my BigCartel shop so that these can go on sale! It's driven me daft today :-(

(E-mail if you want to reserve)

I've also put a load of hand-dyed silk threads in the shop blog here

...there'll be loads of cotton coming soon too :-)

12 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi to our happy textile butterfly!
Your hand stitched bag and your little embroidered houses are something to be proud of - they are just beautiful. Your colours and stitching are somehow ancient and warm. I love them!

Jensters said...

Love those house and bag....beautiful stitching and wonderful colours.

Eva said...

This little bag is a gem!

Johoanna Boykin said...

That bag is soooo beautiful. It reminds me of the Australian Outback, the colours and contours of the landscape are beautiful...just like your little bag. The houses are simply lovely. Well done.

deanna7trees said...

so beautiful.

JP said...

the bag is fantastic

Jackie said...

What delightful work.

tastykaeru said...

Beautiful! I especially love the colour palette of the bag :)

Kate x

Tricks said...

Hi I love that stitch I must try it out sometime. It suits the bag beautifully. Your stitching and colour is exquisite. Love the Bag....xxx

Chris Gray said...

Thanks for all those lovely comments...hopefully I've e-mailed back (where possible) :-)

I'm dyeing more fabrics...so more Indian stitching will be on the way....

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the houses again and the Indian stitchery!

Diane said...

I Adore this and the little houses! So yummi *drools*