Tuesday, 13 July 2010

..a tale of two surfaces...

There are two distinct working areas in my studio at the minute...

..one looks like this...



...the stitch it...bead it place...

...and the other...



..the cut it..bend it..bang it place :-)

I have to work in this manner...

...because I don't have a desk/table that is, in itself, large enough to accomodate the various different processes that go into making things like this...



...one of the latest pieces to have been finished.

Here's another brooch that's ready to go too...



I'm enjoying making jewellery!

9 comments:

Ruth Anne Olson said...

How lovely.

ArtPropelled said...

The pendant is so pretty.I'm really liking your new blue pieces, especialy the way the brownish blends into robin egg blue. Great to see your work areas too.

JP said...

love the pendant - the colour is magic!

Eva said...

I don't have a real studio either, have to remove my embroidery stuff from our dining table every night. Your things look great! Kind of mysterious. Lovely.

raquel said...

love

Jensters said...

Such stunning work.

jackie said...

Your dyed threads are lovely, and your 'kuba' cloths.

Sandra said...

Hellooo Chris: I've been stopping by for a few days/weeks and LOVE your blog. Your colors are just edible, ha : ) and your neat little "things" are wonderful. I love to stitch, bead, make my own handmade little books and art quilts. I just wanted to let you know your creative energy inspires me. Thank you for sharing : )
Blessings, Sandra in AZ

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your style is so strong Chris
Glad you made the pendants you were telling me about, they are great x