Friday 11 June 2010

Kuba galore!!

These are the latest sketchbook pages.....

...more and more Kuba designs/patterns/symbols....

...with my own twist, of course :-)










They really do lend themselves to the kind of stitching I want to be doing at the minute...

...strong shapes that will work nicely with a hand-stitched background.

"Real" Kuba textiles don't have this, but then these are mine....and I will, as usual, do my own thing with them.

The pages in this book are just the right size for small panels that can be used for wall display, bag fronts/pockets. or book covers. These are what I'll be working on over the next few months.

In addition, I'm also preparing a range of hand-dyed threads in cotton and pure silk, cotton fabrics, and wool/viscose felt. These will be continuing with my "Tribal" theme, inspired by the textiles that I love so much.

Whilst doing the pages, I cut out a load of card shapes to use...




...these will now be used as templates for applique pieces...

..and the needle will be whizzing this weekend :-)))))

Have a good one everybody!