Sunday, 21 March 2010

Blodeuwedd

A little while ago, Carolyn (Love Stitching Red) and I decided to work on a joint project....

...to make a doll for each season of 2010.

No rules.....no particular requirements......just go with the flow as it were :-)


Our "Spring Dolls" are revealed today!


Carolyn's is shown on her Stitched Stuffies blogspot


...mine is here......and she's called "Blodeuwedd"......

...after the beauty in the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogi.....





She's a wasp-waisted form, with a molded face.....

..dressed in hand-dyed tea-bag fabric, scrim and silk paper....

...with plenty of green beads.


.....now what to do for "Summer"!?.......

8 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

What a wonderful project - lovely outfit!

Eva said...

Beautiful doll! I love the serene expression and the risen arms. So much spring and coming back to life!

ArtPropelled said...

What a great idea! I like the twist in the hair and the colours you've used.

artymess said...

Rhyfeddol !! I love her .......Lorna

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hi Chris, I finally made it! Yours is gorgeous and different to what I was expecting. I did wonder if you would create a henna goddess somehow related to Spring. I enjoyed this project so much and it fired my imagination so now looking forward to the Summer figure. Blessings to you, have a lovely week, keep in touch, mine's a doughnut ;o)

Eva said...

In the meantime I read about the meaning of her name. A somber story! And yes, I can also see this in her.

Chris Gray said...

I've really enjoyed this challenge....and it WAS a challenge! I don't normally do "pretty"...but "Spring" just suggested Blodeuwedd to me....even though her story does not have a happy ending.

...and I'm in a "goddess" kind-of-mood right now...

.....especially ancient ones

.....prehistoric european

....deep stirrings...

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Blodeuwedd is beautiful and I'm glad we had this challenge so that she came to be