Thursday 2 April 2009

...Progress.....

I've now begun to mount some of the pieces on their backing boards - ready to exhibit.

I was beginning to panic a bit - when textile pieces are lying flat in a box, they don't look like they amount to a large body of work!

But, when they're all put out on table or floor, then it's possible to see just how much is done (or left to do).

Thankfully, the result of the exercise was positive! Especially when pieces are mounted and looking "really finished".

These are on board, but I bought some packs of canvas to mount some of the others onto. These packs are relatively economical, and a coat of paint changes their appearnce quite a bit.

Been for a B&Q fix - again! Bought a number of bright colours to paint backgrounds - so they'll lift the felt (which is mostly black). I like the results so far.









Another Doll/Figure has also been added to the "stash" - and I've now started some that are going to be about 3 feet tall when finished. I LOVE doing them! - and can't seem to stop!





Really looking forward to June 27th - and seeing all my work in one place!