Wednesday 2 June 2021

Flaming June!! Sun at last...and some bits to show :-)

 Where did May go?

Lost under clouds and rain!!!

So many plants in the garden suffered terribly...

...and the grow-house got wrecked in the last storm!

But...

...the crappy weather did at least allow plenty of time for stitching and gathering thoughts.


We had a lovely couple of weeks away from the end of April into the beginning of May...

...and, luckily, the weather was mostly fine, warm-ish and dry. :-)


We spent our time in the caravan at Burford...

... enjoyed the beauty of the Cotswolds...

...and finished a band sampler.







I only had band with baby-blue edging (yuck!)...

...so I used some red thread and did a crochet edging after the stitching was finished.

Much better!

...and I love it wound onto that silk bobbin from Lyons.


Back at home with winds howling and rain lashing...

...I got down to stitching a couple of Quaker pieces.






...and I finished putting together this twinky little Biscornu.





There is a reasoning behind doing all of these small pieces...

...I shall tell you next time ;-)


Now, I have cut some evenweave...

...put it onto a roller-frame...

...and wound some thread bobbins...

...ready for a rather loooooooooooooong project.





This is the Jade Sampler S.A.L from istitch designs


It has been going since January, so I am more than a bit late starting!!

I also don't have the "correct" linen band and thread...

...but I am doing it as a "stash-busting project" and using up what I already have here.

It's all wound and ready to go, so, after posting this...

...I shall be threading a needle and making a start.

Better late than never!!??


I have been faffing around with many other things...

...but will show more in future posts.


For now...

...adieu...

...until the next time (hopefully not quite as long before then!!)


Hope you are all keeping safe and well...


x C