Wednesday 12 December 2018

Christmas treat in the Cotswolds!

We've just got back from an absolutely delightful week in the Cotswolds...

...our little "Christmas Treat" to ourselves...

...a little bit of time away in our Rosa-van...

...before hunkering down for the winter. :-)

I had a lovely Saturday afternoon as a guest of the Cotswold Branch of the Embroiderer's Guild...

...joining them for their Christmas Social.

There were, of course, goodies on sale...

...and I came away with this glorious little tin of silk threads! HAPPY BUNNY!!!





I also indulged at Oakshott fabrics when they had their open days...

...coming away with these wonderful bundles.






i have such colourful plans for them!! :-)

And just in case you were wondering...

...at a flea market in Cirencester...

...I came across this lovely old book - The Girls' Own...

...with it's hundreds of woodcuts/etchings...









I don't know yet what they will be used for...

...but their purpose will reveal itself eventually!

Now I'm switching on the sewing machine for some meditative stitching.....

x C