Wednesday 31 October 2018

Time to begin putting things in order!!

After an afternoon visit to Busy Bees yesterday...

...where I had the use of a huge worktable to spread all my UFOs on...

...little did I realise just HOW MANY things need to be finished off!!

Having been away from home for about 4 months in total this year...

...I made sure that I prepared plenty of stitching to carry me through periods of travel.

I knew that I'd done quite a lot...

...but, seeing it all laid out made me realise just how much I have actually done...

...despite being on the road teaching workshops all over the place!

So...

...this morning...

...one piece has (finally) been finished...

...and to my satisfaction I might add :-)

This is a wooden box that I bought at The Works...

...cheap and (not very) cheerful...

...but with a coat of paint and some printing & embroidery...

...it becomes a lovely thing to store bits'n'bobs.

It is a sample to inspire for my stand at Nantes.....

Here's a closeup of the top...




...and the finished box...





It makes my heart glad to have something actually DONE!!!

Now for the rest........ :-o

x C

ps

Anne and I talked yesterday about more workshops at Busy Bees next year... both of mine in November and February are full....but it looks like more will be in the pipeline soon..... :-)