Thursday, 15 June 2017

...cheating!! (Part 1)

...and in an absolutely DREADFUL way for a stitcher!!!

I've been doing some work on The Bayeux Tapestry lately...

...looking into the background....the story...the stitching etc.

...and when I was pootling around on Ebay last week (as you do)...

...I came across a stitching kit that I put in a bid for.


As you can see - I was successful...

...and it arrived Friday morning.

The listing had been very honest, and the item was exactly as listed...

...so I have no one else to blame but myself for not realising that it was going to be "rather small"...

...and therefore, difficult to stitch by hand - especially if I wanted to use Bayeux Stitch!

I love the design...but I DON'T want to hand stitch it...

...so...

...trusty Pfaff to the rescue...




The first thing I did was to spray the linen fabric with some walnut ink to make some "age spots" on it.

Then, I ironed on some Bondaweb and fixed some stabiliser to the back...

...before making a start on the lines of stitching. (Straight stitch size 0.5)

This may take a while.....

x C


2 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

How beautiful and how clever are you to have changed the size. It will be so relaxing to work on! Enjoy!

Chris Gray said...

There's no way I could have done this one by hand Suzy! I will be drawing some larger pieces at some point though..... x