Tuesday 26 April 2016

Playing with stitch and acrylic inks - little "thingy"

I don't often make things just for myself...

...but I came across a little "thingy" that I liked the look of....

...so...

...set about having a go!!

Fabric was sorted and printed with a wooden print block...




...then areas were coloured in with some Colourcraft Acrylic Inks....

...using a tiny amount on a tiny brush.





I really like how they dry so quickly...

...and clearly.

(There will be more play with these very soon methinks!!)






Then, I did my usual trick with some metallic thread and seed stitching...


.....so that three wee panels are now complete.



These inks come in boxes of 12 colours - 2 sets - clear and metallic...

...and are an absolute joy to use!!





The brush I've used is from a set designed for "Nail Art" - only a couple of pounds for a set of about 10 on Ebay!!





Any idea what the "thingy" is yet?

:-)

x C