Monday 27 April 2015

A glorious weekend of Fields...Fotos ... Flies...and fleecy-things!!

The sun was out...

...and it was warm enough to pootle around without the need of a jacket...

...so pootle we did.

Saturday took us to Kilpeck church in Herefordshire...

...for more photos for my ever-growing "Medieval" passion.

Look at the magnificent carvings!!





After having a picnic lunch in the car we wiggled up the Olchon Valley and ended up in Hay-on-Wye..

...where I managed to find a couple of books (in Greek and Arabic) to use for collage in my cruise samples. Yey!

Sunday was an National Garden Scheme day at the Glanusk Estate...

...amid the most beautiful surroundings ...




Among some of the displays were these amazingly gorgeous flies...

...tied by Stuart Jarvis.

I personally have no desire to stand on the banks of the river trying to catch fish...

...but I could stare at these little tins all day!






Before going home we spent a pleasant hour at Tretower Court and Castle...

...


...where I was able to welcome this little fella into the world with a "Hello you!!" :-)





Oh Happy Days!!

x C