Thursday, 1 May 2014

...slow...beady progress....

When I finished the needlepoint stitching.....

.....I felt a little "stuck" as to where to go with it.

As usual, I shifted my attention to something else for a while...

...and allowed the thoughts to come.

It always works!

The needlepoint panel is very flat.....

....and I wanted to "lift" it....quite literally....

....so I sat with the hat in my hands.....

...turning it around.....

...touching.....

...fondling.....

...and noticing the little bunches of sticky-up beads around the top amulet.



They are attached in a particular way....

...a bead on the bottom...

...then another 3 on the thread before going back down through the bottom one...

...to give the height and wobble.

I used a size 8 gold bead for the "foundation bead"...

...then 3 size 11 raku-coloured blue/green/purple beads for the top.

This is going to take AGES to get around the outside of the stitched panel...

...even though it's not huge...

...there is a dense concentration of beads going on here!!




Still.....

...the rhythm of ... up...one gold....three blue....down....up....one gold...three blue....down....

...allows me more thinking time......

...as I listen to the slight squeaky-grating sound of the beads as I work :-)


x C

2 comments:

Penny said...

Don't you love the 'meditative' feeling when beading (or punching or knitting...)? Its a perfect excuse for letting your hands move while your mind wanders.

Jan said...

Beautiful! This is my first visit to your blog, I'm going to subscribe and will spend time looking through your past posts, I love your work!