Friday, 20 March 2009

....."Tribal Dolls" ...or figures?.....







Here are some photos of the doll/figure bodies done so far. They've been very time-consuming because of the amount of hand-stitching on them.

I'm REALLY enjoying working in this format! I like the idea of making pieces that do not need a wall to hang on....

Bloke has promised to make me some bases with nicely routed edges for these pieces, so they should look good when mounted.

The heads are still being a bit of a nuisance, but I think I'm getting there.

I want a head with a mere "suggestion" of facial features - androgenous in a way too.

Playing around with a chocolate mold at the minute - and some copper foil....


Don't know where it'll end-up.......



....will keep you posted.....

4 comments:

Guzzisue said...

I'm loving these:-)

Eva said...

Can't wait to see them finished!

Mermaids Purse said...

I can't wait to see them finished either!

Chris Gray Textile Art said...

Thanks so much for your comments ladies - you'll see them as soon as I've got the "heads" sorted!

I'm having such a great time doing this project, and am so glad that my friends persuaded me to come out of my "lean period" and do a major body of work again.

...and knowing that people like yourselves are interested in what I'm doing makes it even more worthwhile....

Thanks again...to all of you


x Chris